Marina Quays Stourport on Severn
The Marina Quays site, located between the Sandy Lane Industrial Estate and the River Severn, to the east of Stourport town centre, is currently low quality agricultural land used for seasonal grazing.
Marina Quays represents an exciting opportunity to develop a new marina on land adjacent to the River Severn. The marina will provide leisure mooring berths within the Stourport area, for which a significant need has been identified. It will also create a new destination on the town’s riverside walk. The scheme includes the provision of an element of land based leisure development, including a marina club house and holiday apartments. This along with some commercial space, will enable the construction of the marina to be financially viable.
The Proposal includes the following:
Creation of a new basin of the River Severn to form a 408 berth marina;
Provision of a new footbridge across the marina entrance;
Construction of 108 holiday apartments (1 and 2 bed);
The provision of a club house, including a restaurant & bar, gym, boat sales & hire facility and site managers accommodation;
The inclusion of an element of commercial floorspace (eg. chandlery, laundry, workshops) relating to the marina use of the site;
Creation of parking and servicing areas for boat owners and those using the holiday apartments;
Implementation of a comprehensive landscaping scheme for the site, including the creation of a wildlife and ecology zone, picnic areas and landscaped amenity areas; and
Improvements to the riverside walk between Stourport town and the proposed marina site.
Its is considered that the scheme will result in a wide range of benefits for the local community, leisure industry and Stourport town:
- The proposed moorings will help address a significant deficit in leisure berth availability in the Stourport and surrounding areas;
- The marina will compliment the adjacent established marina site, which is consistently operating at or near capacity;
- The scheme will be a significant leisure facility, attracting new people to the Stourport area, thus helping increase visitor numbers;
- The comprehensive design will ensure an attractive riverside area
- Extensive environmental assessment work has been carried out to demonstrate that the proposed scheme will be acceptable in terms of impact on the local environment and the River Severn.
for further information or register your interest contact our Sales team on 01384 397 797